ENROLLMENT POLICIES (subject to change)
Thank you for joining us on our mission to bring Spanish to our community’s young learners! Learning a second language with Portland Early Learning Project is not only a fun academic and cognitive exercise, but it also fosters an awareness, appreciation, and respect for other cultures.
Since our classes are now virtual, we created new policies that foster a rich learning environment and that provide our students and families with the best programming possible. We’ve also included our refund policies below.
Zoom is a web-based video conferencing tool with a local, desktop client and a mobile app that allows users to attend class online. Basic Zoom accounts are free. Links will be emailed to registered users 30 minutes prior to the start of class.
The guidelines below are similar to what teachers expect in virtual preschool and elementary classrooms. (We understand that there’s a learning curve for littles. Don’t worry, our teachers are patient and understanding.)
- Join your class a couple of minutes early to ensure proper connection.
- Do not eat during your session, unless instructed by your teacher.
- Mute yourself when the teacher asks you (if you’re able).
- NEVER EVER take Zoom into the bathroom!!
- Change the name on the screen to the child’s name (if using parent account).
- If at all possible, log in from a place that is free from distractions and noises.
- Remember to look into the camera when it’s your turn to talk (that way the teacher can hear you better!).
- Do not share the Zoom link with anyone outside your household.
- Use your best digital citizenship.
REFUND POLICIES FOR FOR STORYTIME, PRESCHOOL, & ELEMENTARY ZOOM CLASSES
We do NOT charge a registration fee! Upon registration, a space is reserved for your child for each session. Our refund policy is as follows:
- One week before class starts, a full refund will be issued, minus a $35 processing fee.
- After classes one & two, a full refund will be issued, minus a $55 processing fee.
- After classes three & four, a 50% refund will be issued for the remaining classes.
- After 5 classes, there are no refunds.
- No refunds or credits for missed classes.
BY REGISTERING FOR A ZOOM CLASS, THE PARENT AND/OR GUARDIAN AGREES TO:
- Release Portland Early Learning Project (PELP), Adventures in Spanish (AiS), and GoGo Español (GoGo) owners, employees, including instructors and staff, from all Liability for injury to their child from their child’s participation in any of our Spanish programs.
- Allow PELP, AiS, and GoGo to use the name and/or likeness in photographs and videos of their child for advertising, promotional, and teacher education purposes without compensation to their child or themself.